5 Olive Oil DIY Recipes to Try for the Holidays
5 Olive Oil DIY Recipes to Try for the Holidays
Not only is olive oil a healthy oil to cook with, but there are also many health benefits of olive oil outside of the kitchen. Olive oil is known to be hyper-hydrating, rich in antioxidants, and has many vitamins such as A, D, K as well as vitamin E. These vitamins are commonly found in skincare products. Here are 5 healthy DIY (do it yourself) recipes to try this holiday season that use olive oil. When incorporating olive oil into skincare, it is essential to use 100% olive oil, certified organic, non-GMO, and cold-pressed, unrefined extra-virgin olive oil.
DIY Honey & Olive Oil Sugar Scrub by Alexa’s Mom
This natural, DIY, healthy skincare scrub claims to moisturize and exfoliate the skin.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Measuring utensils
- Chopstick or stirring stick
- Clean container
- Add the olive oil to your container.
- Next, add the honey. (Note: Adding in this order will help to get all the honey out of the measuring utensil)
- Add the sugar to the mixture.
- Stir well with the chopstick or stirring stick.
DIY Olive Oil Lip Balm by Coconut Mama
This DIY lip balm is a natural, healthy alternative to other lip balms. With no added chemicals or GMO products, this lip balm is perfect for you or for your young children who keep finding your lipstick!
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax or Carnauba Wax
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil together in a double boiler over low heat.
- Melt oils and wax together.
- Mix the DIY mixture well and pour into a storage container.
- Let cool before using.
DIY Olive Oil Moisturizer by The Make Your Own Zone
This DIY Homemade Olive Oil Moisturizer is free from any toxic chemicals and instead is a long-term relief for dry skin. Try out this healthy skincare DIY project!
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbl Beeswax Pellets (or grated beeswax)
- 1/2 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- Combine the olive oil, the coconut oil, the beeswax, and the vitamin E oil in a glass jar. I used a pint-sized canning jar. Put a couple of inches of water in a small saucepan, and then set the jar of ingredients in the water.
- Place your pan on the stove and begin to heat. As the water heats up, the contents in your jar will begin to melt. You can jiggle the jar around a bit to swirl the coconut oil and beeswax as they are melting. Heat until everything is completely melted.
- Pour the melted ingredients into a small jar or tin for storage. This DIY recipe makes about 3 fluid ounces of melted liquid and will take about an hour to cool into its finished gel-like consistency.
DIY The Ultimate Hair Mask by Bella Fitness
Bella Fitness describes this DIY mask to have “the ultimate ingredients for super healthy hair.” Just as skincare is essential, so is hair care. Try out this DIY healthy hair mask!
- 1-2 raw eggs (depending on how much protein you want in your hair/the length of your hair)
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil (depends on the length of your hair)
- 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil (depends on the length of your hair)
- Warm up the coconut oil for about 15-20 seconds (Allow it too cool for about 1-2 minutes)
- Combine the coconut oil, eggs, and olive oil together (Whisk it all together until it is very smooth)
- Apply the mask everywhere, with a focus on your ends and roots
- After application, apply a bag (grocery bag) on your hair to seal in the mask/create heat
- Leave the DIY mask in your hair for a minimum of one hour
- Wash out with lukewarm to cool water (hot water can potentially cook the raw egg *gross*)
- Shampoo and condition afterward
- Enjoy your beautiful hair!
DIY Olive Oil Deep Condition by Naturally Curly
Olive oil is great for DIY skincare products as well as for hair products! Naturally Curly explains how you can incorporate olive oil into your hair care routine!
- extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
- your favorite conditioner 1/2 cup
- Combine the olive oil and the conditioner in a bowl
- Apply to your hair in sections
- Leave in at least 15 minutes
- Detangle your hair with a wide-tooth comb, and rinse
Olive Ventura has a wide variety of Olive Oils that you can incorporate into DIY skincare products. Our 100% unrefined extra-virgin, cold-pressed, certified organic, non-GMO olive oil is perfect not only for cooking but for healthy skincare and body benefits as well. Our Olive Ventura olive oils come in many different flavors, which can add some extra health benefits when incorporating them into your healthy DIY skincare regimen.
For healthy DIY skincare products, we would recommend trying out our Organic Arbequina Olive Oil!
If you have sensitive skin, be sure to do a skin patch test by rubbing a small drop of your olive oil of choice on the top of your hand to test for a reaction. Make sure that the area is clean before applying the product and wait 24 hours for results! These healthy DIY skincare products can be fun to create with your family during the holiday season, or put your DIY olive oil skincare product into a small mason jar and send off as the perfect holiday gift!